Monday, December 27, 2010

Multidimensional Resolutions

Rumors of my lack of blogmanship were not very exaggerated, but here, have a post anyway. As the title suggests, this is a rather cliched list of resolutions for 2011, encompassing a few different areas of development. I may or may not follow anything on this list, but my goal here is to put some bite-size chunks that I may actually be able to accomplish in 12 months. We'll see.

Physical

  • Starting the beginning of spring semester, start and complete the six-week 100 pushups program. This isn't too excessive of a program, as it starts small and ramps up in difficulty. When completed, I should be able to do 100 consecutive pushups, which I would say is a good basic fitness measure.
  • Ditto with the 50 pullups program, which will probably take 2-3 times as long to finish.
  • Something ab-ish.
  • Something cardio. Interval training perhaps.
  • After completing the first two programs, start working towards one-handed pushups and pullups.
  • Go from 'ok' shape to 'great' shape by camp this summer. I have 5 months to get this done, so that's really not that unreasonable.
  • This may not happen until later this year, but I'd like to train back into basketball.
  • Dietary: I've already gone gluten-free (because I had to,) but now I'd really like to spend more time cooking, with real food. That means much less processed, much more produce and 'real food.'
  • Sleep. Regularly and at the same time every night. This may be the hardest thing on this list.


Mental

  • READ. Can't overstate this one. If I don't have something non-school related to consume, my sanity will be at risk.
  • Take enough introvert time everyday. This will unfortunately entail staying ahead of the game in my classes.
  • Nerd Alert: Learn a new programming language. They say you should learn one a year. Top contenders right now are Scala, Go, and R.

Spiritual

  • Restating from mental, the introvert time thing. I need to find meaningful ways to actually relax to keep myself anywhere near emotionally healthy.
  • Paint. Create. Compose. Yes please.
  • Some type of meaningful devotions. I've found that my traditional Bible reading schedule just doesn't work, and has been slipping more. I need to mix it up, and also make my prayers less cliche and more meaningful. This one wont necessarily be hard except in coming up with the right ideas.
There. I don't think there's anything completely undoable about that list. At the same time, it should give me something to look back on when I undoubtedly start procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment